Sabbatical Supply Minister
Inspired by the image of the hills dressed in pure joy (Psalm 65, Common English Bible), the First Congregational United Church of Christ, Ashland, Oregon, plans a 2021 season of renewal for both our Senior Minister, Rev. Christina Kukuk, and our congregation. This four-month season will include experiences that will amplify joy in our hearts, families, and community, and we seek a full-time Sabbatical Supply Minister to support the congregation’s renewal experience.
We seek a minister who is well-grounded in progressive Christian faith and practice as well as open to other spiritual wisdom and traditions in order to support the congregation’s renewal goals.
- non-anxious joyful presence in worship leadership, groups and programs;
- wise pastoral care discernment;
- proven professional boundaries;
Scope of Work:
- Collaborate with lay leaders in exploring the themes of loving our neighbors as ourselves and the spiritual practices of joy even (and especially) in times of trauma and loss;
- Plan worship, together with staff and with Worship Ministry Team, for consistency throughout sabbatical period;
- Preach and lead worship (some Sundays will not need a sermon);
- Offer hospitality and welcome to guest preachers/speakers;
- Support staff;
- Inspire confidence and calm for church members while the Senior Minister is on renewal leave.
Temporary: March 15 through July 15 or April 1 through July 31 (start dates negotiable)
Please email a cover letter and current resume or ministerial profile to Tege Phillips ucc[at]opendoor[dot]biz
More information can be found on this Central Pacific Conference form.
Associate Minister (Part-Time)
First Congregational UCC of Ashland is looking for a part-time Associate Minister excited about creative ministry across the generations in these volatile, uncertain and chaotic times.
We are a progressive Protestant Christian community of faith and service. Central to our faith is our belief that Christ calls us to participate in God’s reign of justice, peace, and compassion on earth. Through ministries that are Transforming, Reconciling and Equipping, we are “together following Jesus on the Way of Radical Love.”
Candidates will demonstrate a shared commitment to extravagant welcome, justice and equity, as our church is a spiritual home for beautifully diverse groups of people. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or class.
This part-time position is approx. 20 hours per week.
To apply, please email 1) resume, ministerial profile or equivalent and 2) cover letter describing why you would be a good fit to: Tege Phillips, Ministry Coordinator and Business Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org (Put “Associate Minister Search” in the subject line.) Or Mail to: “Associate Minister Search” UCC Ashland, 717 Siskiyou Blvd., Ashland, OR 97520