4/19/23: Quarterly Meeting, 4/23/23
We are a Congregational Church, which means that we, as Church, make decisions together and learn what is going on when we meet quarterly. Everyone is invited and encouraged to attend. Between these meetings, the Church Council is our decision-making body.
For this meeting, besides the regular business of Finances, etc., there are no decisions to be made (for which we must give 2 weeks’ notice), but we will have 3 presentations:
- Dr. Karen McClintock will give us the Cliff Notes version of “What You Have Told Us” in the Listening Posts. This is preamble to the 3 meetings during the first week of May when she and her team will provide more complete information. Be sure to plan to attend one of these meetings:
- Monday, May 1st, 6:30-8:30 for dessert
- Thursday, May 4th, 3:30-5:30 for appetizers & non-alcoholic bubbly
- Sunday, May 7th, 3:30-5:30 for High Tea
- Dr. Fred Grewe will lead a discussion of our flags that he introduced during our fall quarterly meeting. The only flag that we display that the church actually voted on is the LGBTQ+ flag when we became Open and Affirming many years ago. What about other flags? Who decides which ones fly? What do they say about us? Who do they exclude?
- Greg Jahnke will introduce our Stewardship Campaign for Fiscal Year 2023-24. He and his team are planning on a fun and informational presentation during the month of May, with InGathering and a potluck (put on by Parish Life) in the Green Space on June 4th.
I will also seek Suggestions for future Quarterly Meetings. What do you want to learn about? To discuss?