1/18/23: 2022 in Review
If you have made any donations to our church in the past year, you recently received a statement of your giving (for those without an email, it will be coming). On a church-wide basis, we received $269k from 143 donors. With the statement, I sent out a list of some of what has been accomplished this past year. See below my extended list, knowing I have surely missed something important!
- Said “Good-bye” to our Minister, Rev. Christina Kukuk and her musical husband, Adam, and their two kids;
- Hired Karl Iverson as our Music Director—and he is bringing back the choir;
- Created our Wisdom Council of ordained ministers who are part of our church;
- Filled our pulpit with guest preachers from our Wisdom Council+ for 6 months;
- Hired Rev. Dr. Fred Grewe as our Interim Minister;
- Hired Rev. Dr. Karen McClintock as our Consultant in healing what has ailed us;
- Karen has initiated a powerful process of Listening Posts where we can talk about past hurts and look to our hopeful future (sign up here if you have not done so yet);
- Hired Cho Mei to help with our wee ones during Upstairs Church; now, looking to hire a Sunday School teacher;
- Had a new roof installed;
- Moved the Minister’s Office into the church building for greater efficiency;
- Made Wendy a permanent employee, allowing Tege to work fewer hours;
- Provided the Morton House rent-free to a lovely Ukrainian Refugee family;
- Sponsored a concert to raise funds for Laundry Love;
- Most recently, upgraded our WiFi to enable richer Zoom for the various people who attend both locally and remotely;
- Continued to support the Ashland Emergency Food Bank with weekly collection of food;
- Collected $5,875 for Good Sam, available to members of our community for their housing needs and utilities;
- While many volunteer needs remain unfilled, we have very active Church Council and Ministry Teams which did amazing work: Adult Education, Facilities Management, Parish Life, Worship & Spiritual Growth, Youth & Children.
All of this is possible from the generosity of our members and friends. If you do not contribute financially, you are always invited to do so! Giving is a practice that allows the church to function AND allows us to participate in walking together on the path of radical welcome!
You can always drop a check in the plate, mail to the office or give ONLINE.